Your Christmas tree is decorated and ready to brighten up your holiday. Can it be any more special than it is? We say yes! Here’s how…
Make your tree look healthy and bright: Give your tree a pick-me-up by adding one ounce of maple syrup to the water. The syrup’s sugar feeds the tree. It makes the pine needles a more vibrant green, and they may last (a little) longer, too.
Post tidings of joy for family and guests to choose: Write out note cards that say wonderful things. You can use leftover Christmas cards, attractive scrap paper folded over…whatever you have available. Or for something special, place your notes in small red envelopes (red is the color of good fortune and happiness). Then attach the notes around the Christmas tree with paper clips, small clothespins or clamps. Tell every guest that comes into your home to select a red envelope. The uplifting message will make the person feel hopeful, and happy he/she stopped by!
Here are some examples of what the cards could say…
- All of your dreams will come true in the New Year.
- Your dazzling personality makes the sun shine brighter.
- Many memorable adventures are in store for you.
- Your creative ideas will soon pay off.
- Expect the best because you are the best.
- Your kindness will soon be rewarded.
Kind words for the New Year make great gifts!