• Spring forward: Daylight Saving Time begins at 2 am Sunday, March 13. Move clocks ahead one hour.
• Don’t miss flexible spending account deadlines: If your company offers a grace period to spend money in your 2015 account, you must use it—or else lose it—no later than Tuesday, March 15. The last day to submit 2015 medical claims for reimbursement—including any grace-period claims incurred in 2016—is Thursday, March 31.
• Keep kidneys healthy: March is National Kidney Month. Minimize use of ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. They can cause damage if taken regularly over a prolonged period. Other risk factors: Diabetes…high blood pressure…high triglyceride levels…low levels of HDL (“good” cholesterol)…long-term sleep problems (disrupted or insufficient sleep).
• Save computer files: Thursday, March 31, is World Backup Day. Copies of important files should be stored in two places—in your home or office and in another location, such as Dropbox or other cloud storage service.
• Check out Jupiter: Our solar system’s largest planet will be especially bright all night long on Tuesday, March 8. Its biggest moons should be visible through binoculars. They look like bright dots at the sides of the planet.