Updated As of July 2016.
Please read this Policy carefully. By visiting and using the Websites, you agree that your use of our Websites, and any dispute over privacy, is governed by this Policy. Because the Web is an evolving medium, we may need to change our Policy at some point in the future, in which case we’ll post the changes to this Policy on this website and update the Effective Date of the Policy to reflect the date of the changes. By continuing to use the Websites after we post any such changes, you accept the Policy as modified.
We receive information you voluntarily provide to us when you: (1) open an account with us; (2) utilize our services; (3) make a purchase; (4) apply for employment opportunities with BLI; (5) contact us via any customer service method; (6) submit user-generated content (via our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels or otherwise); (7) participate in customer research, surveys, sweepstakes or promotions; or (8) otherwise communicate information to us.
Some of the information collected during online registration and online purchasing is considered “Personal Information.” Personal Information includes your name, mailing address, e-mail address, driver’s license number, credit/debit card information (and related payment information) and/or telephone number. We may also collect other information such as demographic/lifestyle information (including date of birth, personal interests and product/buying preferences). All of this information is provided to us by you.
Additionally, we may receive Personal Information and other information you provide on behalf of third parties, or third parties provide on behalf of you, including gift recipients, online registrations/purchases or registries. We may also receive Personal Information and other information from sources assisting us with updating, improving and/or analyzing our records or with detecting fraud or theft. Additionally, we may receive information from various consumer reporting agencies and related service providers.
We may collect “Automated Information” through Cookies (as defined below), Web Beacons (as defined below) and other related automated means (collectively, “Information Technologies“). Automated Information we collect via Information Technologies includes internet protocol address(es), operating system(s) and browser specifics of your device, device characteristics, geographic information, user ID(s), and specifics regarding your interactions with (i.e., the path you take through) our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
We use Information Technologies to recognize you and your preferences as you return to our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels. “Cookies” are small text files sent to your device as you visit our Websites or utilize our Internet Marketing Channels and saved on your device via your browser or hard drive. “Web Beacons” (also known as pixel tags) are a form of technology placed within our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels to monitor visits to certain pages within, interactions with, and the effectiveness of, our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
Automated Information enables the tailoring of advertisements and offers specifically for you. In addition to such tailoring, we use Automated Information to ensure that our online presence operates properly and efficiently for you and for your individual customer experience, to evaluate the use and benefit of such presence, and to support our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels.
The browser on your device may offer you preferences regarding a website’s collection of your personal information or your online activities over time and/or across different websites or online services. At this time, our Websites do not respond to these preferences, and our Websites may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy.
We may enable third parties to collect information in connection with our Websites. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of information by third parties on our Websites.
We use, collect and disclose your information consistent with this Policy, as updated from time to time, and you consent to such use, collection and disclosure by your use of our: (1) Websites; (2) Internet Marketing Channels; and (3) marketing programs (e.g., loyalty programs).
You may unsubscribe to future e-mail communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in our e-mail communications. Regardless of your decision to opt-out of future e-mail communications, we may still contact you to respond to an inquiry, regarding transactions and for transactional purposes (e.g., product recalls, subscription product renewals, product information and service/reminder notices). In addition, you may use the methods set forth in the “Contact Customer Service” link below to opt-out or update certain preferences.
Based upon your visit(s) to our Websites and elsewhere on the Internet and your interaction with our Internet Marketing Channels, we may personalize your experience via our Websites and via our Internet Marketing Channels. However, you have choices relating to how your device interacts with our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels. You may choose to access our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels without accepting certain Information Technologies on your device(s), and you may opt-out or modify certain elements that are tailored specifically to you and served to you based upon your browsing history. If you choose to restrict Information Technologies, you may access our Websites and Internet Marketing Channels, but you will NOT be able to take full advantage of certain features. Please note, even if you choose to restrict, opt-out or modify, you may still see or receive BLI advertisements on our Websites, on our Internet Marketing Channels and on other sites, but such advertisements will not be based upon your browsing history.
Additionally, we work with advertising networks that utilize the browsing history of your visits to our Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and across other sites to serve you BLI advertisements across the Internet and through other channels. We do not permit such networks to provide your browsing history on any of our Websites to any other site. Some of these networks may participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance’s (“DAA“) Self-Regulatory Program. To learn more about your choices relating to networks that participate in the DAA Program, please click here.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information to third parties. We use your information in ways consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
- Fulfilling, delivering and communicating with you regarding requests for information and orders for products and/or services.
- Maintaining our loyalty program.
- Processing credit card applications and payments.
- Evaluating your application for employment.
- Administering surveys, sweepstakes, contests or promotions.
- Registering and servicing your account(s).
- Providing customer service.
- Conducting research and analysis.
- Alerting you to product, service and promotional information, including product recalls.
- Helping us to improve and customize our products and services, Websites and Internet Marketing Channels.
- To advertise our products and services to you and those of our partners that we think may be of an interest to you.
- Protecting the security and integrity of our stores, Websites, Internet Marketing Channels and overall business practices.
In doing so, we:
- May combine certain Personal Information, customer information and Automated Information collected online and offline, including information collected from third parties;
- May transfer or disclose such information within our websites, including affiliates and subsidiaries; and
- Will retain such information as needed to provide you products/services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements as we deem reasonably necessary.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information in ways consistent with this Policy, as disclosed at the time of collection, and in the following ways:
- With third party businesses and service providers that assist with our business operations, such as shipping vendors, billing vendors, payment card processors, marketing and research vendors and various companies that work with us to improve or provide our products and services and our data integrity. While we are not involved in the day-to-day operations of such businesses and providers, our agreements generally obligate them to use reasonable methods to keep your Personal Information safe and secure, and not use your Personal Information for purposes other than providing their applicable services.
- As we deem necessary, in the event (or partial event) of a corporate sale (asset or stock), merger, reorganization, change in corporate control, acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or similar event.
- Specifically, certain Personal Information, in connection with various co-branded, warranty, delivery/assembly and/or financial products or services.
- To comply with applicable law or reasonable request based upon governmental regulation, court order, subpoena or similar related action.
- As we deem necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of BLI, our customers, our associates or others, to prevent harm or loss, or in connection with an investigation or suspected or actual unlawful activity.
Update Your Information
For certain types of information, we offer you several ways to access or update such information:
- If you have a BLI account, log-in to such account via one of our Websites. After securely entering your account, you can update your name, e-mail address, password, billing/shipping address, etc. by entering or revising the information as reflected therein, or you may close your account(s) and request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products.
- Click on the “Contact Customer Service” link at the bottom of any of our Websites. This link will provide you the opportunity to contact BLI via phone, e-mail or U.S. postal mail. Please provide your current and complete contact information with these requests.
- We may refuse requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical efforts, risk the privacy of others or are impractical.
- After closing your account(s), or updating or revising any information within your account(s) or any Information Technologies associated with your device(s), we may not delete residual copies from our servers and may not remove information from our back-up system(s).
- Closing or updating information relating to one BLI account (e.g., a BLI online Store account) does not guarantee the closing or updating of a separate and different BLI account (e.g., a BL Money Masters shopping account or a BLI subscription account). If you desire to close or update multiple BLI accounts, please log-in to each specific account to do so, or please contact the correct and applicable Customer Service department associated with each such account.
In our efforts to maintain accurate and complete information, we utilize third party entities to assist us with updating and maintaining current contact information (e.g., National Change of Address or NCOA).
We use a variety of security measures to help protect your information and online transactions with us. Our Websites utilize encryption technology, including Secure Sockets Layer, to protect your information that we transport across the internet. Your personal online and mobile account(s) with us are password protected with restricted online access.
Additionally, we use a variety of security measures to help protect your information that we maintain at our facilities. While no company can guarantee your information will not be accessible by unauthorized individuals, we use physical, administrative and technical controls that are consistent with retail practices in an attempt to mitigate such risks.
We also use Google Analytics Advertiser Features to optimize our business. Advertiser features include:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform integrations
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
By enabling these Google Analytics Display features, we are required to notify our visitors by disclosing the use of these features and that we and third-party vendors use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) or other first-party identifiers, and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to gather data about your activities on our Site. Among other uses, this allows us to contact you if you begin to fill out our check-out form but abandon it before completion with an email reminding you to complete your order. The “Remarketing” feature allows us to reach people who previously visited our Websites, and match the right audience with the right advertising message.
As advertisers on Facebook and through our Facebook page, we, (not Facebook) may collect content or information from a Facebook user and such information may be used in the same manner specified in this Policy. You consent to our collection of such information.
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
- Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
- We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
- We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Children’s Privacy Statement
This children’s privacy statement explains our practices with respect to the online collection and use of personal information from children under the age of thirteen, and provides important information regarding their rights under federal law with respect to such information.
- The Websites are not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do NOT knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Websites. We screen users who wish to provide personal information in order to prevent users under the age of thirteen from providing such information. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Websites, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Websites.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Websites, we also do NOT knowingly distribute such information to third parties.
- We do NOT knowingly allow children under the age of thirteen to publicly post or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information through the Websites.
- Because we do not collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Websites, we do NOT condition the participation of a child under thirteen in the Website’s online activities on providing personally identifiable information.
Third Party Links
In addition to the foregoing, our Websites and our Internet Marketing Channels may link to other sites that we do not control. These other sites are governed by their own privacy policies. Be sure to review these privacy policies when visiting such sites. We are not responsible for the content of privacy practices of such third parties’ sites.
We may, from time to time, update and revise this Policy. Please periodically check this Policy for any updates or revisions. In the event we make a material change to how we use your information, we will provide you with advance notice and the opportunity to opt-out of such use.