Joseph Feuerstein, MD, has been treating his patients with homeopathy for many years with great success—in particular, he has treated children with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism and mood issues, though it also is very effective for both children and adults for everyday ailments such as flu and sprains and bruises.
Dr. Feuerstein is an assistant professor of clinical medicine at Columbia University in New York City and director of Integrative Medicine at Stamford Health in Stamford, Connecticut. He specializes in family medicine, focusing on nutrition and disease prevention. He is also certified in clinical hypnosis, clinical acupuncture and homeopathy.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Dr. Feuerstein joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to discuss homeopathy, and its extremely safe healing techniques that are based on the belief that the body can cure itself. Those who practice homeopathy use tiny amounts of natural substances, such as plants and minerals, to stimulate the healing process.
- What is homeopathy, and how does it work? (2:59 – 5:32)
- Homeopathy misconceptions explained (snake venom, arsenic, etc. (5:34 – 8:30)
- Why do people practice homeopathy? And how does homeopathy paint a picture of what the body lacks and needs? (8:32 – 12:59)
- Homeopathic states explained, link between homeopathy and different treatments, how to find the right remedy à 13:00 – 16:55
- How homeopaths find the constitutional remedies for their patients (16:59 – 19:15)
- Why did Dr. Feuerstein get into homeopathy? How homeopathy helps autistic children (19:20 – 22:00)
- How do you know homeopathy is working and it’s not just a placebo effect? (22:07 – 24:25)
- Where homeopathic research stands today (25:00 – 27:40)
- How homeopathy was founded and developed (27:45 – 30:14)
- How Dr. Feuerstein uses homeopathy in his office and at home (and why some people call it magic) (32:00 – 37:59)
- What chronic conditions can homeopathy treat? (40:13 – 41:56)
- How to find a licensed homeopath (41:59 – 43:10)
To buy Dr. Feuerstein’s book, Dr. Joe’s Man Diet, click here.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.