There is more and more evidence every day that safe nutritional supplements can help protect against the virus that causes COVID-19 and lessen its impact if you do get it—things like vitamin D, zinc and melatonin. Who should use these supplements? And when and how should you use them? We’ve got the answers.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, nationally acclaimed integrated practitioner Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to get the specific guidelines on which supplements are helping and how to use them to build your own defenses.
And for more information on Dr. Teitelbaum suggestions, see our article about the holistic approach to defend against COVID-19.
Specific topics in this podcast…
- Free book of leading immune strengtheners and other Bottom Line news (1:18 – 5:15)
- How to use the natural products that are being recommended (5:15 – 6:15)
- Latest status of coronavirus incidence (6:15 – 7:20)
- Why checking for fever is an ineffective screener (7:20 – 7:50)
- Why the pushback on natural treatments for COVID (7:50 – 12:08)
- Why Dr. T shifted to holistic medicine from pure mainstream (12:08 – 14:20)
- How do natural products protect from COVID-19? (14:20 – 16:20)
- Zinc—how it helps…what to do (16:20 – 18:23)
- Which form of zinc should you take? There are many (18:23 – 20:20)
- Zinc dosing by age (20:20 – 23:16)
- Vitamin D—why it is critical (23:16 – 25:15)
- Elderly people and vitamin D deficiency (25:15 – 25:50)
- If you are sheltering in place, supplement with vitamin D (25:50 – 27:18)
- Vitamin C—critical for infections and Immune function (27:18 – 28:51)
- Why do people need to take multiple products? (28:51 – 30:35)
- Confirming differences in forms of zinc (30:35 – 30:50)
- Elderberry helps to stimulate immunity, too (30:50 – 31:18)
- Cytokine storm explained (31:18 – 32:21)
- NAC—critical for antioxidant support (32:21 – 34:21)
- Pills vs. capsules vs. powders. Does form matter? (34:21 – 34:40)
- Any specific timing rules for supplements? (34:40 – 36:15)
- Andrographis—little-known herb that helps protect (36:15 – 37:32)
- Maintenance protocol when COVID emergency eases (zinc vitamin D, vitamin C) (37:32 – 38:44)
- When you have symptoms—how to adjust (same supplements, but higher doses) (38:44 – 40:10)
- Can you bring these to a patient in the hospital? (40:10 – 41:40)
- Melatonin helps beyond sleep (41:40 – 42:44)
- Omega-3s can help defend against COVID clots (42:44 – 45:33)
- Should you take these products every day? (45:33 – 46:35)
- Post-COVID fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome (46:54 – 48:25)
- Dr. T’s opinion on taking the new vaccine when available (48:25. –
To learn more about Dr. Teitelbaum and his work, go to Vitality101.com.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com.https://www.linkedin.com/company/98249/admin/
If you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.