News outlets continue to broadcast headlines about COVID-19 cases and deaths, but they’re virtually silent on treatments, especially hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug that showed early promise…was touted by President Trump…and then became “horrible” and “dangerous.” The research studies declaring this treatment ineffective or dangerous have their own flaws. There’s much more to the story, which is why there are doctors across the country who continue to use hydroxychloroquine with certain patients.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, nationally acclaimed integrated practitioner Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to give the truth behind the headlines on hydroxychloroquine.
Specific topics covered…
- Why aren’t they talking about COVID-19 treatments? (00:00 – 4:48)
- High-level latest status of COVID—how deadly is it now? (4:48 – 8:33)
- Hydroxychloroquine research is flawed. Watch out for the headlines (8:33 – 12:03)
- Doctors disavow themselves from The Lancet published study (12:03 – 13:20)
- How can skilled research make obvious design mistakes? (13:20 – 17:15)
- Influence of advertising on news messaging (17:15 – 18:35)
- The assorted considerations in bringing a drug to market (aka, why proper drug development so long) (18:35 – 21:00)
- What about zinc? and Why focus on antibiotics? (21:00 -24:28)
- If you catch COVID-19, what should you ask your doctor? (24:28 – 26:00)
- Hydroxychloroquine dangers at low doses (26:00 -27:16)
- Are those with a heart condition more vulnerable to heart-rhythm side effects of the drugs (27:16 –
To learn more about Dr. Teitelbaum and his work, go to Vitality101.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.