Obesity and a healthy body have been at the center of the discussion regarding COVID-19 vulnerability and the likelihood that obese people are more likely to contract and die from the disease. But there are those who say that eating healthy is not easy or affordable. That’s simply not true.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, nationally known expert on weight loss and nutrition and author of The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth, Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to bust the myths about healthy eating and help listeners see the easy changes they can make today.
- The challenge of eating healthy (4:05 – 8:23)
- The most popular excuses to not eat healthy (8:23 – 13:00)
- The nutritional knowledge gap (13:00 – 16:55)
- Our supersized portions cost money (16:55- 18:55)
- Protein deprivation (18:55 – 21:17)
- Hidden expenses in your grocery cart (21:17 – 23:20)
- The unsung hero of your kitchen (23:20 – 24:27)
- Don’t put this in your (24:27 – 26:47)
- The high cost of these “healthy” foods (26:47 – 29:07)
- Time-savers in your spice cabinet (29:07 – 33:45)
- Healthy substitutions (33:45 – 40:38)
- Of course, beans—but did you know this? (40:38- 42:02)
- Surprising breakfast options (42:02 – 48:13)
- Jonny’s favorite go-to healthy snacks (48:13 – 50:03)
- Sarah’s time-savers (50:03 – 52:22)
- Cold potatoes’ bonus nutrition (52:22 – 54:46)
- Changing perspective on time (54:46 –
You can follow Jonny’s work and learn more about this books at JonnyBowden.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher