Beyond the sickness and economic devastation of the coronavirus pandemic is an array of collateral issues, including a significant rise in and risk for anxiety and depression. For those who already suffer from these conditions, their risk for attacks is significant. But physical and emotional exhaustion can make even those of us who never suffered a panic attack suddenly succumb.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, nationally acclaimed integrated practitioner Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to explain how to keep yourself safe and calm in the face of one of the most difficult times many have ever faced.
Specific Topics Discussed…
- Risk for anxiety and depression because of the pandemic (0:00 – 2:34)
- People are panicking…unnecessarily (2:34 – 4:05)
- Fear of having no control (4:05 – 5:45)
- There are things you can do to increase —
- zinc, vitamin C, vitamin D (6:39 – 9:21)
- Beware of news reports (9:21 – 11:25)
- Identifying a panic attack (11:25 – 13:48)
- The anger connection to panic and depression (13:48 – 16:10)
- Is your body vulnerable to panic and depression? and how to strengthen it (16:10 – 23:40)
- The digestion–depression connection (23:40 – 28:00)
- Dr. T’s treatments for anxiety and depression (28:00 – 35:30)
- The importance of sunshine and nature (35:30 – 37:10)
- The main way coronavirus spreads (37:10 – 39:42)
- Healing hugs (39:42 – 42:10)
- Progressive relaxation to help control the chatter in your mind (42:10 – 45:15)
- Hydroxycholoroquine + azithromycin safety (45:15 – 53:30)
- Adjusting post quarantine (53:30 –
To learn more about Dr. Teitelbaum and his work, go to vitality101.com.
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.