A: Homeopathic remedies are very specific, so a remedy that works for one type of migraine might not work for another. That’s why it’s important to identify the most appropriate treatment based on your individual symptoms. Still, homeopathic remedies are completely safe, cause no side effects and are available over the counter at health-food stores and online—so there’s no harm in trying them to see if you get relief.Choose the remedy below that best corresponds to your symptoms. At the first sign of a migraine, dissolve three 30C pellets under your tongue. If your symptoms improve significantly, do not repeat the dose. If symptoms improve somewhat, repeat the dose once or twice, 15 minutes apart, for a maximum of three doses per headache episode. If symptoms do not improve at all, consider a different homeopathic remedy. If you have no success after trying two different remedies, see a professional homeopathic practitioner for guidance. Try…
- Iris versicolor for classic migraines that begin with a visual aura, worsen when you sit still and sometimes culminate with vomiting.
- Nux vomica for migraines that make you irritable and worsen when you move around or are exposed to cold, noise or light.
- Belladonna for migraines characterized by extreme pulsating pain on the right side of the head and a feeling that your eyes are bulging out.
- Bryonia alba for migraines that begin over the left eye and then spread and that worsen with the slightest motion.
- Spigelia for migraines that involve stabbing pain directly above the left eye and that feel worse upon exertion and/or exposure to cold air.