Cooking while juggling a busy life can be daunting, especially if you’re not the most confident cook. That’s the great thing about TV host, mother and nutritionist Ellie Krieger—she knows how to make things easy for the busiest and most nervous of cooks.
Ellie is the host and executive producer of the Public Television cooking series Ellie’s Real Good Food. As the host of Food Network’s hit show Healthy Appetite, Ellie is the leading go-to nutritionist in the media today, helping people find the sweet spot where delicious and healthy meet.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Ellie joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to discuss her latest book Whole In One; Complete Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Sheet Pan or Skillet, which is her whole cooking philosophy rolled into one unit—easy-to-make meals filled with unique tastes and textures that allow food to be good fuel and fabulous.
- Why cooking is all about learning, and how to become a confident cook (6:00 – 9:55)
- Breaking down the most common cooking excuses (10:00 – 17:13)
- The importance of good cooking equipment and the 6 essential pots and pans everyone needs in the kitchen (17:15 – 22:48)
- How much time should be spent cooking dinner? (22:50 – 26:20)
- What’s in Ellie’s well-stocked kitchen? And what should be in yours? (26:20 – 32:52)
- Ellie’s “protein + produce + whole grain” method (32:55 – 35:55)
- How Ellie uses ordinary ingredients in extraordinary ways (36:00 – 41:29)
- The joy of experimenting with food and flavors (41:35 – 42:40)
- Two of Ellie’s favorite dishes now (42:40 – 44:13)
You can find Ellie’s book Whole in One: Complete, Healthy Meals in a Single Pot, Sheet Pan, or Skillet, by clicking here.
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.