After his own health crisis and being homeless for a year during medical school, Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum needed changes in his life. Those changes are at the core of the three principles of happiness that he lives by and that his thousands of patients suffering from chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia have adopted in their lives.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to share the three simple steps that he practices and has taught his patients to create an emotionally centered, happy life. Dr. Teitelbaum is a board-certified internist, holistic physician and author of several books, including 3 Steps to Happiness! and Real Cause, Real Cure. He is also the creator of the popular free iPhone and Android app Cures A-Z.
Topics covered include…
- Is happiness a matter of nature or nurture? (5:45 – 7:41)
- The spiritual side of seeking happiness (7:41 – 9:42)
- Following one’s inner voice (9:42 – 10:47)
- How false humility gets in the way (10:47 – 13:14)
- Why you should do what feels good (13:14 – 14:45)
- A realistic definition of happiness (14:45 – 16:00)
- Anger and other worthwhile, authentic feelings (16:00 – 21:48)
- When to let go of feelings (21:48 – 25:30)
- Accepting your “shadow” self (25:30 – 28:02)
- The beauty of “no fault” living (28:02 – 30:47)
- Unconditional love for others and self (30:47 – 33:04)
- Rejecting our negative voices (33:04 – 37:10)
- How to escape obligation and guilt (37:10 – 40:30)
- Advice for parents (40:30 – 43:40)
- When society passes judgment (43:40 – 44:56)
- Removing the burden of expectations (44:56 – 48:30)
- Writing your own life script (48:30 – 51:39)
- Is there a genetic component to happiness? (51:39 – 54:06)
- Choosing your own brand of happiness (54:06 – 55:02)
- The secret to a joyous partnership/marriage (55:02 – 59:44)
Learn more about Jacob Teitelbaum, MD, and his work at Vitality101.com.
You can connect with and stay in touch with Sarah at her website www.bottomlineinc.com! Find Bottom Line on Facebook @WeAreBottomLine and at Bottom Line Inc. on www.linkedin.com. And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.