Divorce rates are going down…unless you’re a little older and part of the growing trend of Gray Divorce. Why them? Why then?
Michele Weiner-Davis, MSW, is an internationally renowned relationship expert, best-selling author, marriage therapist and professional speaker who specializes in helping people change their lives and improve important relationships. Among the first in her field to courageously speak out about the pitfalls of unnecessary divorce, Michele has actively spearheaded the now popular movement urging couples to make their marriages work and keep their families together. She is director of The Divorce Busting® Center with offices in Boulder, Colorado, and Woodstock, Illinois. Divorcebusting.com
In this episode of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Michele joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to discuss the shifting demographics of divorce…considerations before you take that big step…and the surprising effects of divorce that most people don’t think about until it’s too late.
Other topics include:
- Michele’s divorce expertise (2:20 – 3:38)
- Divorce rates overall are down—why? (3:55 – 6:32)
- The way we think about marriage and divorce has changed over time (6:33 – 10:03)
- What should someone focus on when assessing a future partner? Are people getting married for the wrong reasons? (10:05 – 15:16)
- Do children of divorce go into their marriages differently? (15:20 – 16:17)
- How to maintain a strong relationship while raising kids (16:19 – 20:20)
- Exploring the thought of “starting over” (20:25 – 23:20)
- Why you shouldn’t expect your partner to satisfy all of your emotional needs (23:21 – 27:25)
- Michele and Sarah discuss “divorce remorse” (27:34 – 32:53)
- Divorce prevention and why it starts the day you get married (33:05 – 43:27)
- Alternatives to divorce (43:28 – 47:40)
Click below for a collection of Michele’s most popular divorce articles, directly from the editors of Bottom Line…
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.