There’s more to super-healthy matcha than tea. You can add the antioxidant-packed green tea powder to tabouleh, guacamole, gazpacho, smoothies, even soup. A little goes a long way—start with one-quarter to one-half teaspoon per serving.
This recipe makes matcha even more nutritious and delicious by combining it with avocado, yogurt, fresh herbs and lemon juice. If you wind up eating salads more frequently just to enjoy the dressing, so much the better.
MATCHA GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
Makes 1¼ cups
- ¼ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ ripe avocado, flesh scooped from shell
- ¾ teaspoon matcha powder
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- ¼ cup mixed fresh herbs (packed down), such as dill, parsley, or basil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper, optional
1. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, avocado and matcha powder in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth, scraping container as needed.
2. Add green onion, herbs, salt, and white pepper (if using), and process until smooth, scraping container as needed. Store in covered container up to three days.