Once you have fought COVID-19 and healed from it, your body still needs TLC. Individual organs and systems have been attacked, and like any other sickness, your defenses have been worn down and need to be rebuilt.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner, leading naturopathic physician, Dr. Laurie Steelsmith shares with Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner how she is helping her patients regain strength and vitality post-COVID-19.
- What happens to your body when you’re sick (5:54 – 7:56)
- What COVID does to your body (7:56 – 9:12)
- Are associated symptoms common with other illnesses? (9:12- 11:00)
- Lasting Effects of COVID—post healing (11:00 – 15:24)
- Four areas to clean up after illness (15:24 – 16:24)
- Healing requires time even after you don’t feel sick (16:24 – 18:32)
- Step 1: Heal the gut, rebuild the immune master center (18:32 – 22:30)
- Step 2: Calm the remnant inflammation (22:30 – 32:10)
- Step 3: Oxygen therapy (32:10 – 34:50)
- Exercise with oxygen therapy machine (34:50 – 36:12)
- Importance of moving and exercising to maximize oxygen (36:12 – 37:05)
- Contrast hydrotherapy helps move the lymph fluids to help clean your body (37:05 – 40:00)
- Best foods for magnesium (40:00 – 40:37)
- Rebuilding the lungs (40:37 – 42:20)
- Strengthening the kidneys (42:20 – 43:50)
- Liver support (43:50 – 46:05)
- Overcoming post-illness depression (46:05 – 49:14)
- How can acupuncture help? (49:14 –
To learn more about Dr. Steelsmith and her work go to https://drsteelsmith.com/
And if you enjoyed this podcast, please share a review so that more people can benefit from Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast with Sarah Hiner on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and Stitcher.