If you’ve been dealing with fertility issues, menstrual issues or acne and skin problems…and the treatments haven’t worked…or if you have cancer in the family and are fearful about your risk, believe it or not, something as simple as changing your diet may make all the difference in the world. To further explain, we talked with Dr. Neal Barnard.
Neal D. Barnard, MD, FACC, is a physician, clinical researcher, author, adjunct associate professor of medicine at George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences and president of the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine. He is one of the world’s leading experts on veganism and natural medicine, and he is a strong supporter of a vegan, dairy-free lifestyle. Dr. Barnard’s new book, Your Body in Balance, is available now wherever books are sold.
In this edition of the Bottom Line Advocator podcast, we asked Dr. Barnard to dive into the complicated world of hormones—and more specifically, to explain how what we eat dramatically affects our hormones, helping to both cause and cure disease.
Specific topics include…
- Dr. Barnard’s eye-opening story about one of his patients (2:15 – 8:15)
- The story of Anthony Sattilaro and how a vegan diet saved his life (8:15 – 13:53)
- Can dietary choices cure cancer? (13:55 – 17:40)
- Conditions that respond favorably to a plant-based diet (17:48 – 19:40)
- The relationship between sex hormones, fertility, menstrual cramps and food (19:40 – 25:48)
- The impact of dairy on hormones (25:48 – 32:30)
- How a plant-based diet improves erectile disfunction (32:30 – 34:30)
- Dr. Barnard on healthy fats vs. bad fats (34:10 – 36:44)
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.
Also be sure to check out Dr. Barnard’s new book, Your Body in Balance.