There is an epidemic of nearsightedness, thanks to our increasingly screen-focused world. It makes eye doctors and eyeglass manufacturers happy, but what is it doing to you? And what are the long-term ramifications?
Marc Grossman, OD, LAc, is a holistic developmental/behavioral optometrist and licensed acupuncturist. His practice is based on the belief that vision is not static and does not have to degenerate. Vision can improve, and there are practical alternatives for helping vision without stronger eyeglass and contact lens prescriptions or having surgery.
In this episode of the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast, Dr. Grossman joins Bottom Line President Sarah Hiner to discuss how today’s digital world is harming your eyes and how a healthy diet and lifestyle, whole-body exercises and certain herbal supplements can protect your eyes.
- How today’s digital world is affecting our eyes…and how to survive and thrive in the digital age (2:40 – 11:10)
- The impact of smartphones and tablets on our eyes and our posture (and how to combat these issues) (11:12 – 16:55)
- Dr. Grossman’s formula for taking screen breaks (blinking, breathing and beaming) (17:16 – 27:18)
- The link between posture and vision and how function affects structure (27:16 – 32:29)
- Light matters. The connection between vision and mood lighting, smartphones in the dark and movie theaters (32:20 – 35:16)
- Dr. Grossman’s food and supplement recommendations for healthy eyes (35:18 – 37:13)
- Dr. Grossman’s step-by-step exercises to prevent eyestrain (37:13 – 42:09)
- What you need to know about blue light and blue-light glasses. (42:10 – 48:32)
You can learn more about Dr. Grossman and his work by visiting his website https://www.naturaleyecare.com/about-dr-marc-grossman.asp
Be sure to subscribe to the Bottom Line Advocator Podcast on Apple Podcasts and share a review.